The Company and all its related bodies corporate are committed to workplace diversity. The Company recognises the benefits arising from employee and Board diversity, including a broader pool of high quality employees, improving employee retention, accessing different perspectives and ideas and benefiting from all available talent.
Diversity includes, but is not limited to, gender, age, ethnicity and cultural background.
To the extent practicable, the Company will consider the recommendations and guidance provided in the ASX Corporate Governance Council’s Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations where appropriate to the Company.
The Diversity Policy does not form part of an employee’s contract of employment with the Company, nor gives rise to contractual obligations. However, to the extent that the Diversity Policy requires an employee to do or refrain from doing something and at all times subject to legal obligations, the Diversity Policy forms a direction of the Company with which an employee is expected to comply.
The Diversity Policy provides a framework for the Company to achieve:
- A diverse and skilled workforce, leading to continuous improvement in service delivery and achievement of corporate goals;
- A workplace culture characterised by inclusive practices and behaviours for the benefit of all staff;
- Improved employment and career development opportunities for women;
- A work environment that values and utilises the contributions of employees with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives through improved awareness of the benefits of workforce diversity and successful management of diversity; and
- Awareness in all staff of their rights and responsibilities with regards to fairness, equity and respect for all aspects of diversity,
(collectively, the Objectives).
The Diversity Policy does not impose on the Company, its directors, officers, agents or employee any obligation to engage in, or justification for engaging in, any conduct which is illegal or contrary to any anti-discrimination or equal employment opportunity legislation or laws in any State or Territory of Australia or of any foreign jurisdiction.